Sunday, December 6, 2009

What a week!!-- But then there was a rainbow.

I'm sure we've all had these kinds of weeks. They are crazy, hectic, and we are so glad that they are behind us. Well, this week has been one of those for me. I am glad that we have a new one that we know will come upon us and we can move forward and put the past behind us. Hakuna matata!

This week my brother in law, who is one of the silliest, funniest, guys around, who will never keep a straight face when a camera is near by, was sadly rushed to the hospital. With the first visit he was dooped up on pain medication because he was , well, in such bad pain, and nothing seemed to help. He was returned home later that night (gotta love Kaiser) and was back there in the morning via an ambulance, because he couldn't move and had paralysis of his legs. Thank you for all the love and support that has been showed to our extended family and for the prayers. We need them,and he def. needs them and there will be more needed I am sure. He could be in there for almost a month. He was diagnosed with Guillan-Barre Syndrome and so his journey to recovery is a long ways away. So is what they say. We are hoping for the better. As we were cleaning the backyard and getting ready for Christmas decorating my husband called me outside to see what was out on the patio.

I ran out to see this:



It is a picture, that says By: Grace and then it says : I love dad, written in backwards.

After the week that her daddy has had. We decided that we needed to take a picture and share this with him. I'm not sure how long it has been there. I know, at least for a month or so. I know that I have passed it many times while taking out the trash and I really never (sadly) even looked close enough to see what was written or what was down there. Just figured, some chalk art on my patio. I am so glad that the lite sprinkles, and early dew we have had, has not cleaned this up or washed it away. I am so glad that we were able to take a picture and share it with her dad. It was so sweet and so special to him, especially now, at this week in her daddy's life.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Trying to savor the little moments in our lives that make the memories.