Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rice Krispy Makin Time!

I've been told that I'm the BEST rice krispy maker in the world. Well, I was, until I met my husband. Now, either they taste better went you don't have to make them, or he really does do something better than me. (shhh! don't tell him, he hardly ever comes here and so it'll be awhile until he knows.) Anyway, me and J made some today since I've been craving them oh so badly!! and just in case you don't know how to make these, or have forgotten, here's the way, not quite like" the pioneer woman", but pretty darn close. LOL

First you start with poppin a marshmellow in your mouth, just to get you in the mood:




Then you measure your marshmellows out. (4 cups of the miniature ones) and add it to your butter.

As the marshmellows and butter are in the bowl, get your cereal ready.


Once the marshmellows start to melt, you start measuring your cereal.

Add when your marshmellows look like this




That's when I add my cereal.








Mix it all up


and since these bad boys aren't going to be around long, no need to dirty a pan, just use some good ole' wax paper.

First you lick the spatula, don't want those to go to waste!!





Then you cut the squares up (or just pull them apart and spare another dirty dish-a mom's dream) and enjoy!




That's how you make some yummilicous rice krispy treats!!


And please, I know it's October and my son is in a fourth of july shirt with non matching orange shorts, but hey, he dressed himself and we have nowhere to go for the next few hours, so I'm gonna let it be.












No comments:

About Me

My photo
Trying to savor the little moments in our lives that make the memories.