Thursday, February 25, 2010

Want to feel your heart fall into your toes??

I'm sitting at home reading and reading about people and their dear blogs that have and are going through so much. People like Natalie, that have so much strength and faith, that I want to be like her when I grow up. I wonder if I'll ever be that strong?? Would my faith carry me through??
For this family. For the things that they have gone through and so happy that in their lives, right now, they have a happy ending. I am so glad for them.
As I read through their blogs and get updates on their lives, my phone rings. An automated message from my son's school that they were on "lock down" as a robbery (I think) suspect was in the area and for the childrens and teachers safety the police notified them to stay put. In case our children ask questions, so we know to let them know they were safe at all times.
When you hear that, it makes your heart drop. Like this guy (or girl I suppose) could have been nearby, could have jumped into our back yard, could have.........oh the thoughts that race through my head.
The suspect was obtained and apprehended and I hope all is well. I hope and pray. Gosh and I thought our little city was soooooo safe.

1 comment:

Dana said...

That is scary. I am so glad it ended all well.,

About Me

My photo
Trying to savor the little moments in our lives that make the memories.